Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Date Day

Today was the last day before Thomas starts his "victory lap" (as he calls it), otherwise known as his 5th-year of undergrad work. This also marks the last day of our honeymoon period, where we had 2 weeks to just hang out with each other in our new apartment before any real work had to be done. I was kind of hoping to have a job by this point, just to counteract what I'm sure will be boredom when he's at class all day.. but unfortunately that didn't happen.

I don't know if he did this because he knew that I was nervous about him leaving, or he just knew that I'd been wanting to have flowers in our apartment, but he showed up at the apartment with a dozen or so pink roses and 10 bunches of other flowers! He even helped to cut them and put them in some of the millions of vases we have. It was a great way to start out this period of time, which I know will be crazy. We also had made plans earlier to go see The Inglorious Basterds, so we went to that and had a "date day" since we saw it at 3:20. Not exactly a date movie, but it was a very good movie overall.

I don't know if you love flowers as much as I do, but I'm going to include pictures anyway!


Our combination of the bunches that he bought. One of his family friends recently gifted us with several vases as a house-warming gift, and I was glad to be able to finally put something in them! Usually they just sit on our mantle empty.
One of the bud vases we received. I think these are alstromeria, but I could just be making that up.


The roses! They are such a gorgeous hot pink color. I eventually want to get some sort of fake peonies or hydrangeas to fill that vase on a permanent basis, but this is making me think that roses wouldn't look too bad either.

What has your fiance done for you lately that reminds you of exactly why you want to marry him?

No comments: