Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mail Call!

One of my favorite things is getting mail. And for the past few days, I've been waiting on a very fun piece of mail to come to my mailbox - invitation samples! I saw on Snippet&Ink that an invitation company I had never heard of was having a letterpress special - 100 invites and reply cards for $398! Considering that most other letterpress places I was looking were in the $1000 or higher range, I was very excited. I had basically written letterpress out of my budget when I saw this special. I know you're probably just as excited as I am to hear about those prices, so head on over to Invitations by Ajalon to check it out! It only goes until the end of August, so go quickly.

Anyway, today I received the samples, and I was so excited. So here's a little photo documentation of my envelope-opening experience.

First, I opened the envelope and pulled out a folder..

Inside, there were tons of samples! There was 1 invitation, 1 business card, 4 or 5 RSVP cards, and a card with their 3 different paper colors on it.

Some had rounded edges, some were grey, some were purpleThis is the purple color we would probably use, it didn't photograph really well but it's called "grape".
Some of them had these very helpful cards taped on the back, letting me know which colors were used, which design it was, which paper was used, etc. One of my favorite RSVP cards used these symbols for the menu choices instead of just writing "beef", "fish", "vegetarian", etc.

The next picture isn't very exciting, but we would probably use the "pearl" paper - which is the one in the middle.
This is the RSVP postcard that goes with the invitation I like the most. I love that they do postcards - less envelopes = less money, and less waste!


Last picture -- these are my favorite invitations. It's called "baroque" and I just love the fonts and the border. I think it goes well with my unofficial (as of yet) "Secret Garden" theme, especially once it's in purple on whiter paper. The ecru and teal is a pretty combination though, too.. Sorry about getting a little artsy there, I had to use Thomas' fancy camera since mine is gone, and I wasn't entirely sure how to use it to it's full advantage.

What have you been strangely excited about during the wedding planning process?

1 comment:

A. Marigold said...

I used Invitations by Ajalon and they were great. I did it earlier this year when that special was $350, so snatch it up! ;) I got Baroque.