Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Moment of Indecision, Part II

After looking around at some other Priscilla dresses, I still hadn't found anything that was really just perfect, or at least better than the one I had already purchased. So I made an appointment at Bridals by Lori, a bridal salon just around the corner from my house. And I have to say, it was a totally different experience from the single-vendor store of Priscilla. Just having that wide array of prices and styles was amazing. So I tried on a ton of dresses.. and unfortunately don't remember most of them! I've posted the few that I can remember the actual maker and could find the picture.

The Julianna by Christos (I'd seen Miss Cowboy Boot in it and thought it was beautiful)




Unfortunately, it just really wasn't me. And apparently it made my torso look a little.. wide. or puffy. Or something like that. Gorgeous on Miss Cowboy Boot, not so much on me.

I quickly realized that Marisa gowns seemed to fit me like a dream. Each one I put on just seemed to somehow fit with my normally too-long torso and more rectangular body shape, and made me look like I had a really thin waist. Needless to say, I was pretty sure one of her dresses would be the one. The saleswomen even asked me to model one that was new to the store (and seemingly new to the line overall - can't find a picture of it anywhere!) since they said I was the perfect model for her fit. I really wish I could find a picture - it was a beautiful dress, just kind of plain on top with a really full and layered skirt.

The primary competition for the one I eventually ended up getting was the Marisa 809. I can't find it on their website anywhere, but luckily someone on oncewed.com was selling it so I can show you some pictures!

It was totally different from anything else I tried on, and I actually cried once I had it on with the veil and everything.. so here it is..




Of course, not really the best pictures, but the best I could do for now. Coming up - if I can figure out how to do a link to hide the text of my post, you'll see pictures of the dress I ended up choosing!

No comments: