Thursday, August 13, 2009

A moment of indecision

As the self-proclaimed "decisive bride," this is kind of a hard post to write. I never thought that I would be indecisive about such an important part of my wedding! But in the interest of full disclosure.. I am a two-dress bride.

One of the second decisions I made regarding the wedding was my dress. One day not too long after the proposal, my mom and I went to the Atlanta Brides Against Breast Cancer event (where we were unsuccessful) and then we went on a spur-of-the-moment trip to the Priscilla of Boston store. At the time, I was looking for something all-lace, not too poofy, and semi-mermaid style. I had seen it a lot in magazines and thought that it would be perfect for a garden wedding. So, while we were at the Priscilla of Boston store, I found a dress that fit all of those qualifications - and even had a cute removable sleeve option! The next day we went back with my dad, and bought the dress. That very same night, I questioned my decision... but I justified it by thinking that all brides probably go through that stage.

A couple of months later, two of my bridesmaids were due to be in town (they both live out of town) and I decided this would be the perfect time to show them both my dress. I called Priscilla and made my appointment just to come look at my dress. On the day of, I was sitting there at my internship, having a panic attack about how much I wasn't sure about my dress. After calling my mom from work, she assured me that we could go ahead and try on some other dresses when we were at the store. Well, I tried on my dress, and sure enough, it just didn't make me feel.. bridal.. or something. I was also questioning whether or not it was really the most flattering fit for me.

The following dress was my top contender from PoB, but it was even more expensive than the first dress, and BM C thought it reminded her of winter - not good for my June wedding!


Coming up, the exciting second day of shopping!

No comments: