Sunday, August 09, 2009

Cator Woolford, continued

I realize it's been a while since my last post, in which I promised pictures, but I was a little bit busy graduating and going on a wonderful beach vacation with my family and Thomas. Anyway, it was also good that I held off on this post because in between the last time and now I found out that Cator Woolford actually has a blog! It's totally awesome because it's filled with pictures from other people's weddings, and I can get some actual venue inspiration. Here are a few pictures from their blog....

From W. Scott Chester




The altar set up and arrangement.. we want to have something blocking the view through the arch thing (they have put up white sheets) since the tent will be right behind there and we don't want to be able to see it.



The bamboo garden.. I hadn't even thought about it for picture opportunities!




We are also planning on setting up a tent in the courtyard like this couple did... we really want everyone to be able to sit together and not everyone would be able to fit under the tent that Cator Woolford provides.



This is an awesome picture of the bride leaving the bridal suite - the bridal party will all be getting dressed in there and I love the slate courtyard (which is where all the dancing will be)

From Kevin Nye..


I've usually seen the staircase used for some pretty dramatic bride/train shots, but I love this intimate close-up too.

and finally, from Climie+Co..


This couple had their first look on one of the bridges that connects the courtyard and tent area to an area they call the meadow. I think it's a really pretty location, especially when you can get the water running behind them.

Hopefully you've enjoyed these pictures as much as I have.. every time we go back to Cator Woolford (and yeah.. I've tended to swing by whenever possible since it's a public garden..) I am happier that this is where I'm getting married. I knew it was the place as soon as I saw it the first time, it's really just the picture perfect place to get married.

1 comment:

the simple things: said...

i am almost certain that you do not want anyone else's opinions/ideas (especially from your old aunt in texas), but i can't resist...i am not sure what that couple hung the sheets from to cover the sight of the tents, but i read about this one wedding where they hung beautiful ribbon..just a thought! :D

check it out:
http://www.designspongeonline.com/page/2