Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Most Important Place

When I was growing up, I didn't really dream about my wedding day the way I've heard some people do.. I didn't have visions of an elaborate cathedral wedding, or a relaxed beach wedding, or any preconceived notions at all. I had ideas about being married, and being a mom.. but the wedding part I always kind of skipped. So when it came time to pick the location where we would actually become husband and wife, I researched every. single. location. in the Atlanta area. No joke, I can now look at almost any wedding album shot in the Atlanta area and know where it was held.

Anyway, despite all the searching, I still hadn't find somewhere that just seemed perfect. We had decided we didn't want a hotel ballroom, or any sort of standard space, so that ruled out a lot of Atlanta places. I also wanted somewhere with parking for all our guests - that was crucial to me, and eliminated a lot of the places that otherwise looked great.

Somehow, I came across the website for Cator Woolford Gardens, a little-known space that is connected with The Frazer Center, a place that "provides exceptional services to infants, preschoolers and adults with physical and developmental disabilities such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, Down syndrome, sickle cell anemia, autism spectrum disorders and other genetic anomalies" (www.thefrazercenter.org). In order to help fund their services, they rent out the gardens that were curated by the founder. Not only did they have such a great mission - they were also one of the most reasonably priced venues that I'd seen.

It sounded great on paper.. but could it really be the perfect place to get married? Coming up - the requisite pictures, and why I felt like it was "the one"!

No comments: