Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Making Life Easier For Myself

I have a confession to make.. I don't know how to work scissors. Usually this isn't a problem, as scissors don't make an appearance in my daily life all that often. However, with wedding planning and DIY projects to do, I've found myself having several encounters with scissors, none of which have ended up very well. See, I'm left-handed, and for some reason I never learned how to cut in a straight line. You might have noticed in the pictures in my previous post - none of my rectangles were actually very.. rectangular. 

My least favorite part of that DIY project was the cutting out of the rectangles. It just seemed to take FOREVER for results that really weren't all that impressive. So I bit the bullet, acknowledged my weakness, and bought a paper cutter. And let me tell you, it is amazing! I can put in the huge sheets of tissue paper folded, and it still manages to cut through them. Then I just make a few more cuts, and all of the sudden I have tons of rectangles just waiting to be put together and folded! It also has this super-neat storage compartment thing where I can keep all of my cut out bits until I'm ready to actually assemble. 

My Office Depot EdgePro 1210M


Look at those nice straight cuts! So pretty :)


Inside storage compartment - I bought the three extra blades (one perforates, one is wavy, and an extra straight one)

A top view of the whole thing. 

Overall, I have to say that I'm kind of in love with this. It's so easy to cut, the edges stay straight, and I think I'll be able to use it a lot for future crafts as well. I actually am looking for things to cut around the house since it's so fun!

What has been your favorite crafting tool so far? 



No comments: