Thursday, September 10, 2009

Long Distance Planning

Since I moved to Kentucky in August, I've been in kind of a planning lull. Over the summer I tried to get the majority of my vendors booked because I knew that it would be hard to do from 5.5 hours away. I like to be in control of major decisions, but somehow I didn't get to the florist before I left. This means I either make a trip down to Atlanta for a crazy vendor weekend, or I delegate to my mother and BM C who lives in Atlanta. Since I don't really know what questions to ask a florist anyway, this makes it hard to tell them what to ask. I know the look I'm going for...



Kind of fluffy, kind of organic.. I want peonies, ranunculus, faith roses, globe amaranthus, etc. And some dusty miller for the grey.  Of course, I can send all those pictures, and create inspiration boards for my Mom and BM C to take, but how will I know if I like them? I realize that sounds ridiculous - I trust both my Mom and BM C to make that sort of judgement, but for some reason I'd really like to be a part of choosing my florist. 
Did you have to delegate part of your wedding planning? What would you do in this situation? And do you have a list of questions you found crucial at your florist meetings?

No comments: