Monday, September 07, 2009

Save Our Date!

One of the next things that we have to do is send out save-the-dates. We're planning on sending them out around November 1st, so that means I finally get to decide which version I want to go with. Stationery is one of my favorite things, and I have had quite a few months to pick up inspiration from all around the internet. Unfortunately, this means I really have no idea which version to go with! I also haven't gotten my e-pics back yet (hopefully soon!) and that is also delaying my decision - I don't know if I want to put a picture on it or not. I really don't want to get these out any later than November 2nd.. an acquaintance who shares a lot of mutual friends is having her wedding on the same day, and I kind of want to have first dibs. Does that make me a bad person? I hope not!

I do like the concept of magnets, but Thomas can be kind of really picky and he hasn't seen any yet that really spark his interest. I am also interested in designing these ourselves, since we've already handed over the invitation design to someone else. Thomas is a graphic designer and fine arts student, so part of me really hopes that he'll help me design something :-)

I love the different font choices on this one. Thomas is big on typography and all of that, so it would be really fitting for our personalities as well. I also like that it's a fold open card for some reason.

I really like the simplicity of this one, and again the opportunity to use a lot of fonts. This is actually one I am capable of designing by myself, especially since I should have Adobe CreativeSuite 3 soon (just got a new MacBook Pro!)


I think this one is especially appropriate given how many cities it took for us to get to the point of being married! I think instead of having arrows, we would just do stars indicating the major cities involved in our relationship.


This is the STD of the very talented Mrs. Duckling! I showed this idea to Thomas and he liked it a lot. It is obviously the most labor-intensive of the different cards, but I don't have too much to do these days.. so a version of this is theoretically possible. We would definitely make a couple modifications, but the overall concept would remain the same.

Which is your favorite? Or do you have a different idea altogether?

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I like the 2nd one and the last one best. I think the map one is cute, but might confuse people... like where is the wedding?

Jackie said...

I like the first and second ones a lot! The third one is meh. And the last one just looks complicated. I would probably cut two fingers off just in attempts to make them...